- A candidate is considered to be eligible for admission to the post graduate courses offered by various schools/affiliated collegesof the university if he/she has secured at least 50% (or equivalent CGPA) marks at graduation (45% marks for backward class i.e. SC/ST/DT/NT/OBC/SBC category candidates from Maharashtra state).
- Selection is based entirely on candidates’ percentage of marks obtained at the graduation and availability of the seats.
|For the admission to all three M.A. courses, an advertisement is published in some leading newspapers in the month of June-July every year. The prescribed application forms with a prospectus are available in the office of School
- To impart substantive knowledge of core areas in sociology and the ability to think critically about them.
- To acquaint learners about the role of evidence in the social sciences and to conduct both quantitative and qualitative sociological research.
- To inculcate effective communication skills in both written and oral manner about the field of sociology.
- To acquaint students about the history and evolution of the discipline of sociology.
- To develop awareness about professional study beyond the B.A. degree and also for different career opportunities in the field of social sciences.
- It will develop ability to examine the roles and responsibilities of individuals, groups, and institutions in larger society, displaying understanding of the complex relationships between human behaviour and the social context.
- Enrichment of ability to propose a plan of research for a sociological problem or issue, including conceptualization of the problem, review of pertinent literature, design of a research study, and identification of methods appropriate for exploring the problem or issue.
- Application of various theoretical perspectives to issues in society, showing how a perspective frames each issue, that is, understanding the issue, framing questions, and application of research methods for answering the questions.
- M.A. First Year : -
- M.A. Second Year :-