To promote Distant Learning & Adult Education, a separate section was establised in the university in year 2000. The Functional Role of this section is to organise and co-ordinate the programs regarding adult education, continuing education and extension activities of the university. To discuss and plan the annual programs, meeting of Board of Adult and Continuing Education & Extension Services is conducted twice a year.
The college teachers, students and general public regularly interact and participate in the activities organized by this section. This section conducts programs regarding population education, social education, public awareness, employment generation awareness, etc.
Extension activities carried out by this section :-
- Employment Awareness Program
- SelfHelp Group Training
- Peer Group Adolescent Education
- Population Education
- Activities related to Grass root level innovations
- Training for trainers of Adult Education
- Various Essay Competitions / debates
- NGO monitoring
- Activities regarding Continuing Education / Short term courses
- Training courses for MPSC Exam candidates
- Workshops for rural artists or slum dwellers
- Various surveys or studies
- Employment loan training programs
Uniqueness of the work culture :
In other Universities of the state and all over the country all the posts belonging to this department are paid by the Government funds. But in our university only, the post of Director, Adult & Continuing Education & Extension Services is being paid from the University Fund and the rest of the employees are hired from Administration. Donations for programs and collabrations are welcome in the field i.e. Community Development, Rural Development, Population Education and Development, Women Empowerment, Job Oriented Courses and Life long learning etc.