The Eklavya Training Center has been established to cater the needs of tribal and rural students particularly in Nandurbar district and started functioning w.e.f. 15.08.1992. The Center conducts Chanakya Competitive Examination Coaching Scheme at 20 affiliated colleges.
The Eklavya Training Centre has been modernized and well equipped with the latest teaching facilities like :
- Digital Podium .
- Interactive Smart Board.
- Sony Television -Size 46".
- Visualizer .
- DLP Projector with Mounting Kit (Benq).
- Non Motorised Glass Beaded Screen- Size 8 x 6 feet.
- Portable Wireless Amplifier.
- HP Pro3330 SFF Desktop ( 5 Units).
- Sony Vaio Laptop.
- Sony Skype Camera.
- Sony Digital Still Camera ( 16 Megapixel).
- HP Laserjet Printer.
- Internet Broadband Connection (BSNL)
The use of such facilities have given a good exposure to the students about the subject topics and in getting more well versed with the same. This has also helped to raise the level of the educational standard as well as the faculty teaching .
The Honourable Vice Chancellor has requested to the then District Collector , Nandurbar for 25 acres of government land for establishing a Tribal Academy consisting of Model College, Community College , Sports Academy and Hostels keeping in mind the upliftment of the aspiring tribal and backward students. The proposal has been accepted by the District Collector and the land measurement procedure has also been completed. The further procedure of Land Acquisition is under progress as per the Government norms.
The Honourable Vice Chancellor has submitted a proposal of Community College to the Government of Maharashtra at the Eklavya Training Centre, Nandurbar. The Government has accepted the proposal and sanctioned a Community College at the Eklavya Training Centre. This Community College will fulfill the employment opportunities available in the local area and also the social needs of the community. The target group of the community college will be 12th passed students , school dropouts, rural youth, rural women, existing workforce that wants to update its skills and all who want skill based and need based education at an affordable price.
A Deputy Registrar and Mr. Vasant Valvi has been appointed as Section Officer at Centre.
Coaching classes for Competitive Examinations are conducted on a regular basis. Approximately 500 students have been benefitted by the ongoing training programme. 15 students have passed the various competitive examinations , out of which 7 have got the job .
Special workshops during the summer and winter vacations of approximately 20-25 days duration have been conducted for the tribal and backward class students .
The university has also introduced a special scheme known as Chanakya Competitive Examination scheme at the college level. For that 20 colleges have been selected on the basis of tribal students strength . During last academic year 1100 students have been benefitted.
For appropriate exposure , updated subject information and information about the national level educational atmosphere , The Honorable Vice Chancellor has arranged various National Level Seminar/ Workshop / Lecture Series at Eklavya Training Centre, Nandurbar such as :
- On 28/03/12 National Conference on Nanostuctures and Nanomaterials by Dept. of Chemical Technology , NMU, Jalgaon.
- One day workshop Dt. 25/08/12 on Activities of Sane Guruji Sanskar Kendra for High School Teachers by Dept. of Public Relation Office , NMU , Jalgaon.
- On 01/09/12 , workshop for English teachers by School of Language Studies and Research Centre , NMU , Jalgaon .
- On 02/10/12 a Drawing competition on Gandhiji's freedom struggle by Dept. of Students Welfare NMU, Jalgaon.
- On 03/11/12 National Level Seminar on Managing Economic Downturn by School of Management Studies , NMU, Jalgaon.
- Two day workshop Dt. 5/11/12 and 6/11/12 for tribal students on 'Capacity Building Initiative , Employability skills and Personality Development' by G.H. Raisoni Academy for Human Excellence , Nagpur
- On 07/12/12 workshop on Environment Awareness by District Information Office , Nandurbar . The speaker was well known Social Activist and Environmentalist Smt. Medha Patkar.
- Conduction of Coaching Classes for preparation of Competitive Examinations was held on 22/04/2013 to 22/07/2013
- Conduction of Coaching Classes for preparation of Competitive Examinations was held on 06/04/2015 to 30/06/2015
- One day Workshop on the Preparation of NET EXAM Paper-I was organized on 23/12/2015
- One day Workshop on 'Career Guidance' was organized on 11/01/2016
Last Updated : November 2016