School of Mathematical Sciences includes following three Departments:
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Actuarial Science
School offers the following applied and job oriented courses/degree programmes:
- M.Sc.(Mathematics) with specialization in Computational Mathematics
- M.Sc.(Statistics) with specialization in Industrial Statistics
- B.Sc.(Actuarial Science)
- M.Phil. and Ph.D. in Mathematics
- M.Phil. and Ph.D. in Statistics
Students are encouraged for projects in the industrial/social/health/ financial sectors. School regularly organizes activities for UG and PG students, college teachers and researchers.
Faculty members in the school are actively engaged in research and their research areas include: Algebra, Analysis, Differential Equations, Fluid Dynamic, Fuzzy Mathematics, Industrial Statistics, Reliability, Probability Models, Health Statistics, Actuarial Science, Applied Statistics and Computational Statistics.
Construction of extension building for school is completed.
Last Updated : November 2016