School of Mathematical Sciences includes following three Departments:
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Actuarial Science
School offers the following applied and job oriented courses/degree programmes:
- M.Sc.(Mathematics) with specialization in Computational Mathematics
- M.Sc.(Statistics) with specialization in Industrial Statistics
- B.Sc.(Actuarial Science)
- M.Phil. and Ph.D. in Mathematics
- M.Phil. and Ph.D. in Statistics
Students are encouraged for projects in the industrial/social/health/ financial sectors. School regularly organizes activities for UG and PG students, college teachers and researchers.
Faculty members in the school are actively engaged in research and their research areas include: Algebra, Analysis, Differential Equations, Fluid Dynamic, Fuzzy Mathematics, Industrial Statistics, Reliability, Probability Models, Health Statistics, Actuarial Science, Applied Statistics and Computational Statistics.
Construction of extension building for school is completed.
Celebration of National Science Day (NSD-2017) by Department of Statistics
Last Updated : March 2017