1) To study the history and culture of Buddhism.
2) To study about the life of Buddha and his dhamma and Sangha (the monastic community).
3) To promote Buddhism, especially the origins of Buddhism, and the application of the teachings to daily life.
4) To widen and encourage the science of Buddhist education to be more universally accessible.
5) To involve Buddhism in solving regional and global issues.
6) To carry out integrated study of diversity in Buddhism across various regions in Asia and its contemporary potential