Prof. Dr. Sudhir. U. Meshram
Hon'ble Vice-Chancellor, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (M.S.), India
Prof. Dr. Sudhir. U. Meshram, was selected and appointed as the fifth Vice Chancellor of the North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon on 5th Sept. 2011 and joined on 8th Sept. 2011 and joined on 8th Sept. 2011 (Cont).
DATE OF BIRTH :
Hindi, Marathi & English
M .Sc. (PL. Pathology) 1st Merit Ph.D. (Microbiology), I.A.R.I., New Delhi. Post Doctorate (Microbiology), IAC, Holland
WITH OFFICIAL ADDRESS:
Vice-Chancellor, North Maharashtra University, Umavinagar, P.B. No. 80,
Jalgaon (M.S.) 425 001 India
Honorary Colonel Commandant of National Cadet Corps appointed by Directorate General National Cadet Corps, Govt. of India,
EARLIER POSITIONS HELD:
Professor & Head, R. T. M. Nagpur University, P.G. Department of Microbiology, L. I. T. Premises, Nagpur - 440 033 (M.S.) INDIA
*Selected against Open Post : Founder Director, Rajiv Gandhi Biotechnology Centre, LIT Premises,
R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur-440033 (M.S.) INDIA : Pool Scientist (CSIR, New Delhi)
(Off) +91-257-2257201 /+91-257-2257202
(Mobile) +91-09823074734 / 09423185071
(Off.) +91-257-2258403/ (Res.) +91-257-2258003
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
||House No. 8, Ganesh Ho. So.Ashtavinayak Nagar, Jaitala Road, NAGPUR-(M.S.)440 016 (INDIA)
26 Years at Post-Graduate level
- 17 Years as Professor & Head RTMNU & as Director RGBC, RTMNU, Nagpur,Course Co-ordinator of M.Sc. - DBT Teaching Programme on all India basis (Approved by DBT, Min. of Sci. & Tech., Govt. of India, New Delhi)
- 4.9 years as a Vice-Chancellor,
North Maharashtra University, (M.S.) India
(5th Sept., 2011 – Conti.)
Total = > 21.9 yrs.
(A) RESEARCH OUTPUT :
a) AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Biological ‘N’ fixation, Biological control of insects, vectors and pathogens, Genetic Engineering and Use of waste products / barren wasteland, Sustainable Biotechnological application in Environmental, Agricultural & Medical Sciences.
b) R&D PATENTS UNDERTAKEN
Innovative Patents of R&D out-put granted through DBT, Min. of Sci. & Tech., (Govt. of India), New Delhi (i.e. Development of Low cost an indigenous Fermentor& Innovative method for determination of LDt50 value of live biopesticides against live pathogens).
- Patent No. 221967
- Patent No. 231041
Partial Gene Sequence of 16 and rDNA of Paenibacillus sp. AR-1 submitted to NCBI, USA database with accession no. FJ432005.
- Under Process – Patent Filed No. 1649/MUM/2013/Dt. 17.05.2013 on Solar Powered Hybrid By-Cycle (SPHB).
c) SPONSORED MAJOR R&D PROJECTS & OTHERS:
(i) Principal Investigator of ICAR project amounting Rs. 2,40,000=00 (Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India) entitled “Biological Control of Cereals Plant Pathogens by Azotobacter” (Nov.1988-Oct.1991) Completed. Results adopted at National level by ICAR, New Delhi.
(ii) Principal Investigator of DNES project amounting Rs.5,07,040=00 (Ministry of Energy, Govt. of India) entitled “Production of fast growing trees & its improvement on waste/marginal land through microbial technology” (Jan. 1991 - Oct. 1994) Completed.
(iii) Principal Investigator of DBT Research Project amounting Rs. 14,85,163=00 (Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India entitled “Use of Biopesticides for Control of Microbial diseases in Major Carps” (April 1994 - March 1998) Completed.
(iv) Principal Investigator of RGBC-DBT Research Project amounting Rs.41,98,000=00 (Ministry of Science &Technology, Govt. of India) entitled “Support Programme on Development & Demonstration of Biofertilizer Technology in backward region of Vidarbha” (April 1998 - March 2001) Completed.
(v) Principal Investigator of DBT Research Project amounting Rs. 13,49,000=00 (Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India) entitled “Demonstration-cum-training on Biotechnology of Biofertilizers as an integrated farming” (Feb. 2003-Jan. 2006) Completed.
(vi) Fund for Improvement of S&T infrastructure in Universities & Higher Educational Institutions for development of Deptt. Amounting Rs. 34,00,000=00 under FIST Programme funded by DST, Min. of Sci. & Tech., Govt. of India, New Delhi (2004-2009) Completed.
(vii) Co-ordinator for All India “M.Sc. DBT-RGBC Support Teaching Course programme in Biotechnology subject” at R.T.M. Nagpur University amounting Rs. 1,02,93,000=00 sanctioned by DBT, Min. of Sci. & Tech., Govt. of India, New Delhi (2004-Continued).
(viii) Project Director of RGBC-Fund for Establishment of Rajiv Gandhi Biotechnology Centre, R. T. M. Nagpur University for construction 1st Phase of the building (Meager donation by RVK, [NGO], New Delhi amounting Rs . 11,00,000=00 (1995) Completed.
(ix) Project Director of RGBC-Fund from Hon’ble Vilas Muttemwar MP’s Local Development fund amounting Rs. 10,04,588=00 for construction of 2nd Phase of Rajiv Gandhi Biotechnology Centre, R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur (2003) Completed.
(x) Project Director of RGBC-Fund from Hon’ble Lata Mangeskar MPLADS Rs. 23,78,131=00 for construction of third and final stage (seminar cum training hall) of Rajiv Gandhi Biotechnology Centre, R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur (2005-2010) Completed.
(xi) Principal Investigator of DBT Research Project amounting Rs.19,02,000=00 (Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India) entitled “Development of Biofertilizers based nutrient management package for Nagpur Mandarin” under the implementation of the project titled “National Development of INM Package for commercially Important Plantation Crops” (2008-2011) Completed.
d) RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME / TRANSFER (Lab to Land) TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES:
(i) R&D Transfer of Technology Workshop &Training Programme under “Lab to Land” organised in batches (1997-1998) for fishermen from tribal & rural areas of Vidarbha region (Gadchiroli, Bhandara, Chandrapur, Nagpur, Wardha and Amravati Districts) & Khandesh region (i.e. Jalgaon, Dhule & Nandurbar) in regard to Know-how of indigenously developed low cost input environment friendly & its transfer of technology with adoption in local language.
(ii) R&D Transfer of Biotechnology with Post-monitoring Training Programme for SC/ST/OBC farmers organised in batches for farmers (both Men & Women) from tribal & rural areas of Vidarbha region (Gadchiroli, Bhandara, Chandrapur, Nagpur, Wardha and Amravati Districts) & Khandesh region (i.e. Jalgaon, Dhule&Nandurbar)in regard to Know-how of indigenously developed low cost input environment friendly & its transfer of technology with adoption in local language.
e) STUDENTS AWARDED DOCTORAL DEGREES:
(i) 20 Students have completed their Ph.D. programmes & have been awarded doctoral degrees.
(ii) 03 Students at present have undertaken the assignments of Ph.D. programme.
f) M.Sc. DESSERTATION / PROJECT WORK SUPERVISION > 80
g) RESEARCH PAPERS PUBLISHED:
Published 122 papers in various Peer reviewed IF International and National Journals (Some of them Presented in International and National Conferences & also at college level under Science Development Scheme).
h) ABSTRACTS BOOKS / R&D BOOK / PROCEEDINGS / BOOKS PUBLISHED:
8 (NB : Sustainable Biotechnology online Best Sellers Book).
i) COLLABORATION WITH OTHER INSTITUTIONS / DEPARTMENTS:
Established Inter-Institutional R&D Collaboration with several reputed state & national institutes such as CICR, NBSS & LUP, NRCC, NEERI, IARI (New Delhi), BARC (Mumbai), Agarkar Research Institute (Pune), Cardial Pharmaceutical Ltd., (Ahmadabad), CDRI (Lucknow), Department of Life Sciences (Mumbai University), DRDO (Gwalior), NBPGR (New Delhi), IGIB (New Delhi), JIPMER (Varanasi), NCCS (Pune), NBRI (Lucknow) etc. also Inter and intra Departments and interdepartmental academic collaboration with the Departments of Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Zoology, Chemistry, Sericulture, Physics, Botany etc. as an interdisciplinary approach.
(B) TEACHING OUTPUT:
a) TEACHING PROGRAMME AT PG LEVEL:
Conducted 2 yrs M.Sc. Courses in Microbiology & Biotechnology each comprising of 8 Theory Papers & 4 Practical along with dissertation projects in various fields.
b) TEACHING METHODOLOGY / PRACTICALS DEVELOPED FOR P.G. STUDENTS:
Teaching adopted through audio-visual aids; Display of CD on various Techno- Scientific aspects, Field Demonstration, Group discussion; Academic auditing through Formulated “Course Teaching Evaluation programme” by the students at Post Graduate level. Promoting confidence level etc.
c) PARTICIPATION IN REVISION & MODERNISATION OF COURSES:
Revised the syllabi of P.G. Courses periodically in view of rapidly changing scenario.
d) COURSE CO-ORDINATOR M.Sc.-DBT-RGBC TEACHING PROGRAMME:
Course Co-ordinator for All India “M.Sc. DBT-RGBC Support Teaching Course programme in Biotechnology subject ” at R.T.M. Nagpur University [Total out lay sanctioned Rs.1,02,93,000=00 by DBT, Min. of Sci. & Tech., Govt. of India, New Delhi (2004-Contd.)].
e) LECTURES IN TRAINING PROGRAMME:
Delivered several expert lectures on Biofertilizer technological research methodology with its adaptation & output in Training programme for the Department of Extension staff of Maharashtra Govt.; regularly conducted by the Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India at Regional Centre, Nagpur.
Delivered scientific talks at AIR & TV programmes & also at various forums on “National Science Day”, especially full telecast of RGBC vision at “Swapnapurti” on Sahyadri DD1 at state & national level.
(C) ESTABLISHMENT OF RAJIV GANDHI BIOTECHNOLOGY CENTRE: A REWARDING CONTRIBUTION:
a) Established R&D Centre (Funded by RVK (NGO), DBT, UGC, MP’s LADS & Self Generating resources) as a Founder Director with an additional charge of Rajiv Gandhi Biotechnology Centre in 1995 at L.I.T. Premises, R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
b) GENESIS OF THE CENTRE : The teaching research and development activities in the field of Microbial Biotechnology in this backward region of Vidarbha have been strengthened owing to the establishment of this R&D Centre, since 1995, which aims to conduct mission-oriented teaching & research work with well-defined mandate, for the use of proven bio-tech product/process development and transfer of low cost sustainable technology with regard to Biofertilizers and Biopesticides to the tribal, rural and semi-urban areas in the local language for use in Agriculture, Health and Environmental protection. More so in connecting itself to community interacting & imparting skills & knowledge to farmers community members. This unique centre is an autonomous and governed by CENTRE MANAGEMENT COUNCIL (CMC) based on MoU signed by Nagpur University. Initial Rs. 11 lacs financial assistance was received from NGO. Later a grant of Rs. 10 lacs was sanctioned from Hon’ble Vilas Muttemwar MP’s fund. The 3rd Phase of Centre i.e. administrative block was constructed entirely from self-generating fund of Rs.7,21,494=00 through consultancy services. A total R&D, training and M.Sc. biotechnology teaching support grant of Rs. 1,80,33,000=00 from DBT & UGC Govt. of India was sanctioned. Presently, the centre is functioning with five permanent staff members & well equipped modernized labs & the library. The Centre’s efforts towards an indigenous Technology Developed Bioproducts, self-generating low cost, eco-friendly lab to land transfer of technology especially implemented in the backward region of Vidarbha for socio- economic upliftment has been appreciated remarkably by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council and University Grants Commission & members of Planning Commission of India. The Centre also received a sanction of Rs. 23,78,131=00 from Hon’ble Lata Mangeshkar MPLADS for construction of seminar cum Farmer’s training hall. The centre has generated Rs.9,21,899=00 by providing of consultancy services, sale of Biotech products etc.
(D) OTHER ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES:
- Co-ordinator, M.Sc. Biotechnology DBT-RGBC on All India basis Support Programme (Approved by DBT, Ministry of Science and Technology, Gov. of India, New Delhi 2003-2004 onwards).
- Chairman of the scientific programme committee, organised 27th Annual conference of association of Microbiologist of India (1986).
- Specially deputed by DBT Ministry of Sci. & Tech., Govt. of India for Refresher Course for Scientists on IPR in Biotechnology organized by National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
- Chairman of Association of Microbiologists of India, Nagpur Unit (1989 & 1990).
- As a Director, organised Symposium on “Popularizing Bio-technological Process for rural and semi-urban areas” (UGC Sponsored, 1991).
- As a Director, organised “Popular lectures by Eminent scientists” (Approved and sponsored thrice by DBT, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi, Sept. 1991; Dec. 1993 & April 1997).
- Acted as Co-ordinator at Academic staff college, R.T.M. Nagpur University for Refresher course (Sponsored by UGC) 1990 for 4 weeks.
- Acted as Chairman, Organizing Committee, Silver Jubilee Celebrations of P.G. Department of Microbiology, R. T. M. Nagpur University and First International Conference on “Global Sustainable Bio-tech Congress 2000 AD”.
- Acted as Chairman, Organizing Committee for the International Conference on “Global Sustainable-2nd Biotech Congress 2006 AD”.
- Acted as Chief-Coordinator of Technical Scheduled Programme of 2nd International Buddhist Conference on “Perspective on Engaged Buddhism” held on 17th & 18th April 2010 at Nagpur.
- Acted as Chairman, Organising Committee for the international conference on “3rd Global Sustainable Biotech Congress - 2014 AD”.
(E) PARTICIPATION AT OTHER ASSOCIATIONS/LEARNED BODIES:
- Member of Editorial Board of International Journal “Roumanian Biotechnology Letters” published by Roumanian Society of Biological Sciences, Bucharest University, Roumania.
- Expert Member on peer review process of International Journals & also International Scientific organization for assessing R&D Projects, and evaluation of Ph.D. & Post-Doct. Student for abroad study programme.
- Member of Association of Microbiologists of India.
- Member of Society for Biocontrol Advancement.
- Member of Journal of Current Sciences.
- Member of Journal of Maharashtra Agriculture University.
- Member of Executive Council of Biotechnology Society of India.
- Member of Research Advisory Committee, Krishna Agro-Bio Products, Hyderabad.
- Member of Advisory Board of Institute of Biotechnology & Allied Sciences Training & Research Centre, Sikar, Rajasthan.
- Former Executive Director of UNESCO clubs & Asso. of India, Nagpur Chapter.
- Ex-President of RSF, Nagpur.
- Ex-Vice President of PG student’s Union, Pusa Institute, New Delhi.
- Chief-Patron of Global Biotech Forum.
(F) RESPONSIBLE POSITIONS HELD IN GOVT. ORGANIZATIONS/UNIVERSITIES & OTHER ACADEMIC INSTITUTIONS:
- Advisor and Expert to UPSC (Govt. of India), New Delhi.
- Visitor’s nominee of the H.E. the President, Govt. of India on the selection committees for the recruitment & promotion of academic staff in the National Institute of Technology (NITs), Jalandhar (Punjab).
- Visitor’s nominee of the H.E. President, Govt. of India on the selection committees of NITs for the recruitment & promotion of academic staff.
- Advisor & Expert Member of a Consultative Group on the Empowerment of SCs, OBCs and Social Welfare for MTA under 11th Five year Plan (2007-2012) of Planning Commission, Govt. of India.
- Member of Steering Committee on the ‘Empowerment of the Scheduled Castes’, ‘Other Backward Classes’ and Nomadic, Semi-nomadic and Denotified Tribes for the formulation of 12th Five Year Plan (2012-2017) Constituted by Planning Commission, Govt. of India.
- Chairman of the Board of Governors (BoG) of the University Institute of Chemical Technology, (UICT) funded by TEQIP (World Bank) NMU.
- Nominated & acted as the Chairman of NAAC Peer Team Visit for Cycle-II Accreditation of Lyallpur Khalsa College for Women, Jalandhar(Punjab) Dt.28th – 30th Sept.2015.
- Expert Member of Standing Research Advisory Committee in the areas of welfare of Disabled, Social Defence, OBC & SC Development – Nominated by the Hon’ble Union Minister (SJ&E), Govt. of India.
- Nominated Member on General Body of Dr.Ambedkar Foundation (DAF) by Ministry of SJ & Empowerment, Govt. of India (2013-2016).
- Member of Selection Committee for recommending Coaching Institutions for grant of Central assistance under the scheme of Free Coaching for SC & OBC students, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India.
- Hon. Member of Maharashtra State Audit Advisory Board, Principal Accountant General (Audit) Mumbai as per Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
- Member of “Research Advisory Committee of National Bureau of Agril. Important Microorganisms” re-constituted by Director General of ICAR, New Delhi, Govt. of India.
- Member of the Expert Committee Set up by UGC for Xth Plan & XIth Plan.
- Member of the Expert Committee of National Board of Accreditation (NBA) set up by the AICTE (Govt. of India).
- Chairman of the Expert Committee Set up by UGC for Autonomous Status to Colleges & Universities & also Deemed University Status.
- Nominee of the H.E. the Governor & Chancellor, Rajasthan on the selection committee of the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur & Jagadguru Ramanandacharya Rajasthan Sanskrit University, Jaipur.
- Nominee of H. E. the Governor & Chancellor of Madhya Pradesh on the Selection Committee of the Barkatulha University, Bhopal.
- Nominee of UGC on the Board of Management Council of KLEF University, Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh).
- Member of Task force of Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), DST, Min. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- Member of a Special Committee for the development of Tribal cultural study of Research Centre for Gondwana University, Gadchiroli (M.S.).
- Nominated by DBT (Min. of Sci. & Tech., Govt. of India) as representative in IBSC at PKV, Akola (M.S.).
- Chairman of Association of Microbiologists of India, Nagpur Unit (1989 & 1990).
- Ex-President, HOD’s Forum, R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- Ex-Chairman of Biotechnology (Adhoc Board), R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- Ex-Chairman of UGC Unassigned Grant Committee, R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- Expert Member of various UGC Committees such as Innovative Programme, Women’s Post-Doctorate Fellowships, financial assistance for Major R&D Projects, as well as Mid-term review, abroad conferences and Commonwealth Fellowships etc., New Delhi.
- Ex-Member of Board of studies & Examination of Microbiology & BUTR, R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- Ex-Member of faculty of science, R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- Ex-Member of Academic Council, R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- Ex-Senate Member-Nominated by Hon’ble Chancellor / Governor (Maharashtra State) from Eminent Research Scholars category.
- Ex-Member of 64 Subject Examination committee-Nominated by Executive Council R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- Expert Member on various selection Committees & subject examination committees at various Institutions & Universities.
- Member of Standing Committee for Implementation policies and programmes on SC and ST (UGC).
- Ex-Member-Nominated by Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor on Board of Colleges & University Development (BCUD), R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- Ex-Member of University Patent cell.
- Active Member of University-Industry Interaction.
- Ex-Member of Animal Ethics Committee, Govt. of Medical College, Nagpur.
- Ex-Member of the Research Advisory Committee on Krishna Agro-bio Products (Vrikshamitra), Hyderabad.
- Ex-Member on Advisory Board of the Institute of Biotechnology & Allied Sciences Training & Research Centre, Sikar, Rajasthan.
- Acted as Convener during Inter Universities National Youth Festival (Sponsored by AIU & Dept. of YAS, Govt. of India) organized by Nagpur Uni. 1993.
- Ex-Member of Vigilance Squad for smooth conduct of Examination of summer, 1995, NU.
- Member of the External Agency to Improve the Organization and Management of the Institutions.
- Selected for “Best Teacher Award” by Maharashtra State Govt. (India) 2006-2007 (Min. of Higher & Technical Education).
- Received Presentation by Jawaharal Nehru Memorial Fund, New Delhi, for academic achievement (1979).
- Received Flora-Tech Laboratory Environment Protection Award (EPA-2000).
- Received Lifetime Achievement Award in the International Conference on “Biotechnology For Better Tomorrow”organised by Florida Ag Resarch (USA) in collaboration with Microbiologist Society of India for vast contribution to the advancement of science. (2015)
- Outstanding Teacher Award in Science Faculty at Nagpur Tercentenary Celebrations.
- Fellow of New York Academy Sciences (USA) ID No. #11306897.
- Fellow of Maharashtra Academic Sciences.
- Fellow of National Academy of Biological Sciences (NABS) Chennai, India.
- Fellow of Global Biotech Forum.
- Awarded Sr. Fellowship of ICAR, New Delhi.
- Recipient of Sr. IARI’s fellowship.
- Awarded French Govt. Fellowship (1980-81).
- Recipient of Holland Govt. reciprocal fellowship as a visiting Research fellow (PDF), 1982.
- Received “Best Paper Award” at the Annual conference on research poster presentation twice by Association of Microbiologists of India (1988- 1989). Also 2nd, cash prize during the First International conference on “Global Sustainable Biotech Congress-2000 AD” held on 27th Nov. 2000 to 1st Dec. 2000.
- As a special invitee, delivered research lectures, plenary & key-note addresses in “Popular lecture series by Eminent Scientists” approved by DBT, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India (1991; 1993 & 1997), at the International Global Environmental Congress & 2nd Asia-Pacific Congress; and at several other national & international seminars/workshops/conference, organised by the Universities/Institutions.
- Acted as an expert on National & International Scientific organisations for evaluating the R & D Projects.
- Invited to Bio-World Congress Summit at Washington, D.C. USA as a Guest Speaker for plenary talk in Breakout Session on Industrial Biotechnology & Bioprocessing (27th-30th June 2010) at National Convention Centre (USA).
- Invited to Syracuse University, NY(USA) as a expert member & Director of RGBC for Academic Collaborative between two Universities.
- Invited to Cayuga Community College, New York University (USA); Tokusima University (Japan); CETYS University (Mexico) to deliver Key-note address on “Sustainable Biotechnology : A New Horizon” & for Academic collaborative between these University.
- Invited as a Keynote Speaker and Guest of Honor for International Conference on “Biotechnology For Better Tomorrow”(ICBB-2015) held on Oct.29-31,2015 organised by Florida Ag Research(USA) in collaboration with Microbiologist Society, India.
- Acted as an expert on the panel of Commission for Scientific & Technical Terminology (HRD Ministry), Govt. of India & INSA Publications & other institutions.
- Biographical inclusion by American Biographical Institute, Inc. in 7th Edn. of International Directory of Distinguished Leadership with commemorative Award in view of outstanding achievement.
- Chaired technical sessions/proceedings & delivered key-note addresses at various conferences / symposia / workshops in India and abroad Japan, USA and Mexico.
- Selected for “RASHTRIYA GAURAV AWARD” by India International Friendship Society, New Delhi (2004).
- Felicitated on the occasion of Silver Jubilee Year of R. T. M. Nagpur University Non-teaching Employees’ Union & Maharashtra State University Employees’ Association Conference for the outstanding services (7th March, 2005).
- Selected for “Best Citizens of India Award” by International Publishing House, New Delhi (2005).
- Selected ‘BioAglimpse’ Vol.2 2006-2007 for “Best Magazine Award” by R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur (2008) Chief Editor.
- Outstanding National Educational Leadership Award 2014 by Lokmat Group and Star Industry Group.
- Chaired technical New Biology Section of 102 Indian Science Congress & also delivered Invited talk (Jan. 2015).
- Invited to participate and provided valuable technical inputs in the deliberations of National Workshop organized by World Health Organisation & Ministry of Health (Govt.of India) on “Tuberculosis- Bedaquiline – Conditional & Expanded Access Programme” in India held at New Delhi on July 1-3,2015 & Chaired session on “Partnerships: Thematic update by CTD & State Presentations followed by discussions” at RNTCP National Review Meeting of State Tuberculosis Officers and Consultants held at Nagpur from 14th – 16th September 2015.
(H) EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Active representation in sports and conducting students council elections.
- Participation in social activities among weaker sections like leadership camp, transfer of know-how on indigenous sustainable developed biotech technology and socio-economic welfare flagships schemes under Lab to Land, organising & post-monitoring social scientific action groups, remedial courses with free of cost distribution of know-how booklets / monographs of biotech R&D products edited &transcript in English, Marathi & Hindi languages for remote tribal villages, and guidance for job opportunities for backward & economically weaker class students.